Sunday, May 17, 2009

Congratulations Rachel Alexandra and Mine That Bird

I watched the Preakness with great anxiety, remembering how horrible I felt when Barbaro was injured. At that time, I vowed I would never watch another horserace. But I watched the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness this year and was happy to see Mine That Bird, a long shot (50-1) owned and trained by "cowboys" from New Mexico, and Rachel Alexandra, a filly racing against the boys, win races and achieve beyond expectations. These beautiful horses had the drive and desire to repeatedly accomplish great things. I looked at them and thought about how proud they must feel, and I just hope that their owners won't push them to the point of injury. Mine That Bird and Rachel Alexandra can be an inspiration to you. When others may doubt what you can do, you can say I can and will do it, and then you can show them.

No comments: