Friday, April 18, 2008

Best Methods for Sending Resumes

I know I started this blog and didn't continue with it but I am now committed to making this a forum for exchanging information and enabling networking opportunities for visitors to my web site. You are invited to contribute to this blog and / or to join my network at linked in.com.

If you have secured a new position in the last year, what or who do you think has helped you the most and what is your current title?

As a job seeker, employer, or recruiter, what format do you prefer when sending or receiving resumes? I recently asked this question on linkedin and found that most respondents prefer word.doc files but some prefer PDF files. I am suggesting sending resumes as word.doc, pdf, and ASCII files. That way you cover all your bases.
  • When you send a word document, files sometimes become corrupted and dates of words can be out of alignment.

  • Nothing moves in a pdf file so the formatting will not change.

  • If you place the ASCII file in the body of an e-mail, it will be read even if the employer doesn't open attachments. An ASCII file can also be used for copying and pasting on employer web sites.

No comments: